Trainer / Assessor
Tiwi Islands, NT
- Are you an experienced Trainer/Assessor passionate about improving educational outcomes for Indigenous adults?
- Take on this hands-on and rewarding role in one of Australia's most beautiful and remote areas!
- Join a passionate NFP dedicated to empowering the local community through training and employment.
- Highly attractive remuneration plus super, 6 weeks leave and subsidised accommodation!
About the Organisation
The Tiwi Islands Training and Employment Board (TITEB) was established by the Tiwi Land Council to coordinate all training and employment activities on the Tiwi Islands. TITEB is owned and managed by a Tiwi Board of Directors, with offices in Wurrumiyanga, Milikapiti & Pirlangimpi and Darwin.
TITEB is nationally registered as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #4742) under the Australian Quality Training Framework.
TITEB is committed to strengthening the Tiwi community and economy through life-long training and employment. TITEB members and staff provide a vital link between stakeholders, businesses, employers and job seekers on the Tiwi Islands, encouraging all Tiwi to come in and talk to us about their ideas and dreams for the future.
Learn more about TITEB here.
About the Opportunity
TITEB now has an opportunity for a full-time Trainer / Assessor in Community Services to join their dedicated team in the Tiwi Islands, NT.
Reporting directly to the RTO Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of nationally accredited vocational training for TITEB that is aligned with community and employer expectations. More specifically, the role will involve training and assessing in the CHC22015 - Certificate II in Community Services qualification.
Additional key duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Delivering training and assessment aligned with TITEB policies and processes and in collaboration with various internal and external stakeholders, ensuring compliance with relevant standards, agreements and contractual requirements;
- Undertaking pre-training procedures including student enrolment and language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) assessments;
- Assisting in the planning, coordinating and scheduling of training and facilitating course progression/completion;
- Providing input on the review of ongoing learning resources and maintaining accurate records;
- Contributing to various quality assurance and internal audit processes and procedures; and
- Delivering additional accredited and non-accredited short courses as required.
Any further enquiries about the role or requirements can be directed to Peter Tubb (RTO Manager) during business hours on 0488 038 841.
To be successful in this role, you must have demonstrable experience delivering and designing training programs for Indigenous adults and hold a TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment plus either a TAELLN411 and TAEASS502 or a diploma/high-level qualification in adult education.
An intuitive trainer and clear communicator, your ability to apply adult learning principles that are flexible and innovative, taking into consideration individual learning needs and numeracy skill levels, will help ensure your success.
As a proactive team player you will be confident in your ability to work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders to ensure appropriate and effective delivery of training and education programs for a diverse range of students while consistently maintaining up-to-date research in order to provide relevant advice and recommendations.
TITEB is looking for a candidate that is resilient and adaptable to the challenges of living and working remotely, with team-oriented focus and the drive to grow and progress within the organisation.
Please note: All applicants must possess or be willing to obtain a current NT Drivers Licence and a NT Ochre Card (Working with Children Clearance), and be prepared to undergo a Criminal History check.
About the Benefits
This is a valuable opportunity to design and deliver training programs and assessments to the local community. In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with the opportunity to live and work in one of the most beautiful locations in remote Australia!
TITEB will reward the successful candidate with a highly competitive salary (negotiable based on skills and experience) plus super, $15,900 of salary sacrifice options, subsidised accommodation with all amenities provided and 6 weeks annual leave!
For an opportunity to deliver vocational training programs and improve outcomes for Indigenous peoples in remote Australia - Apply Now!